Meridian Global LMS by Meridian Knowledge Solutions
Meridian Knowledge Solutions, headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia (US), is a full-service e-learning company, offering a learning management infrastructure as well as implementation and development consulting and services. The company helps large organizations realize the potential of e-learning.
Since its inception in 1997, Meridian has been dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers. By integrating traditional and online learning methodologies with knowledge management principles, the company creates innovative approaches to educating employees and students, as well as reference centers containing information critical to job performance.
Meridian's target market consists of government and Fortune 1000 organizations. It has substantial experience in highly secure implementation, supporting numerous classified and sensitive organizations and content. Meridan also has rapid implementation capabilities, with successful initial implementations in as little as two weeks and averaging two months.
Global LMS is an online learning and knowledge management platform that
integrates courseware delivery,
administrative reporting and documentation, knowledge mapping, competency management, collaboration tools, knowledge
capture, and performance management. Meridian Global LMS
is compliant with industry standards, such as
Aviation Industry Computer-based Training Committee (AICC) and Sharable Content Object
Reference Model (SCORM) standards, allowing the seamless integration of
commercial off-the-shelf courseware libraries as well as custom content.
Meridian Global LMS
is the company's flagship product. In 2008, members of the
eLearning Guild rated Meridian as the learning management system
(LMS) easiest to use, by users and administrators alike.
Meridian Global is
an all-in-one suite of enterprise learning management tools, including
- .NET platform—Meridian Global is built on the
Microsoft .NET platform, allowing for multiple advantages. The single biggest
benefit of using a .NET LMS is the ability to build smaller, simpler
applications that can easily integrate with existing or legacy systems.
- research—Meridian Global contains a search engine
that enables a student to search the entire knowledge repository at the
learning object level.
- collaboration spaces—Virtual team rooms provide
collaboration areas with document and presentation sharing, blogs, a team
calendar, and e-mail management tools.
- broad knowledge capture—The knowledge repository
provides access to learning opportunities extending far
beyond classroom-based course offerings, computer-based training, and
online learning. The knowledge repository captures, categorizes, and catalogs knowledge
assets, including courseware, simulations, job aids, subject matter experts,
lessons learned, and references—all at the learning object level.
Global is designed with the following
The company also offers Meridian Anywhere 3.0, a
desktop application that allows organizations to deliver SCORM-conformant
content without connectivity to the organization's LMS.
- e-commerce for the purchase and sale of learning
- configurable interfaces based on user preference
- multiple supported languages, including Chinese,
English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish
- multilingual interfaces
- role-based custom user experience
- tag groups, peer contacts, and content favorites
feature and calendar for finding courses and scheduling
information, visit the company's Web
or the product homepage
The vertical segment or industry to which Meridian Global LMS applies.
- Aerospace and Defense (A&D)
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- Education (elementary or secondary)
- Engineering and Construction
- Fabricated Metals
- Financial Institutions
- Food and Beverage
- Furniture and Fixtures
- Gaming and Hospitality
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Industrial and Commercial Products/Machinery
- Medical Devices and Laboratory Equipment
- Oil and Gas
- Paper Products
- Pharmaceutical/Life Science
- Public Sector/Government
- Real Estate
- Service Provider
- Steel/Mill Products
- Textiles, Apparel, and Footwear
Functionality, services, or modules offered by Meridian Global LMS.
- Authentication and security
- Blended learning (integrated e–learning, classroom, and collaboration content)
- Certification and compliance tracking
- Classroom training management
- Collaboration and Communication
- Competency and performance management
- Content creation
- Content creation in multiple languages
- Data sharing in virtual classrooms
- Digital asset management
- Document management
- E–commerce B2B
- E–commerce B2C
- E–learning management
- Facilities management
- Instructor scheduling
- Interactivity in courses (branching, feedback, simulations)
- Interoperability with third party/custom courseware
- Learner management and tracking
- Learning object respository
- Learning portal supporting personalization
- Mobile user suppport
- Multiple delivery formats (web, CD, print)
- Portal support
- Rich media (video, audio, flash)
- Tests and assessments
- Virtual classroom
- Internet telephony (VoIP)
- Web–based administration
- Workflow manager
The ability Meridian Global LMS has to adapt to non-native, national or regional standards(e.g., tax and regulatory compliance). This relates to Meridian Global LMS's level of presence and localization capabilities.
- Southeast Asia (including the Far East and Japan)
- Europe (east, central, and south)
- Europe (west and north, including the United Kingdom)
- Latin America (Mexico, Central America, and South America)
- North America (Canada and the United States)
- Middle East
A selection of server platforms supported by Meridian Global LMS.
- Linux (such as SUSE, Red Hat, or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Microsoft server (such as Windows NT/2003/Vista)
- Hosted solution or SaaS
The user company size (the total number of employees) that Meridian Global LMS is suitable for.
- 1 to 50 employees
- 51 to 200 employees
- 201 to 500 employees
- 501 to 1,000 employees
- 1,001 to 5,000 employees
- 5,001 to 10,000 employees
- Over 10,000 employees
The number of user company sites that Meridian Global LMS is suitable for.
- Single–site enterprise
- 2–10 sites
- 11–20 sites
- 21–40 sites
Read Meridian Knowledge Solutions Related Articles in Our Article Archive
4465 Brookfield Corporate Drive
|Fiscal Year Revenues (Growth):
|Fiscal Year Net Earnings (Growth):
|Fiscal Year Product vs. Services:
|Fiscal Year Employees:
If you want to create a TEC affiliate link to Meridian Knowledge Solutions-Meridian Global LMS for Your Web Site, click here